Insight Insurance is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy and would like you to feel safe when you give us your personal details. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights as a client. We will always clearly identify ourselves in correspondence and on our website. Our principal business is to provide advice and arrange transactions on behalf of clients in relation to general insurance products.
To provide you with relevant information, meet regulatory requirements in relation to our activity as a retail intermediary and respond to your requests we sometimes request that you provide us with information about yourself. This Privacy Notice will inform you of the information we gather and how it is used. Insight Insurance maintains the same privacy practices with respect to data that is collected off-line and on-line and this notice also covers both those methods of data collection and use. Insight Insurance complies with current data protection legislation for the collection, use, and retention of all personal data. Our Data privacy and Data retention policy is available on request.
For the purposes of the GDPR our data controller is:
Contact Details – 021/4299002
What information we gather
In general, you may visit our website without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information. Insight Insurance may collect domain information from your visit to customise and improve your experience on our website. This website may collect certain information from your visit, including the date and time of your access, the pages you have accessed, the name of the Internet Service Provider and the Internet Protocol (IP) address by which you are accessing the Internet, and the Internet address from which you linked to our site, if applicable. We use this information to better understand how our website is being used so that we can improve its performance.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you only if you “opt in” by choosing to give us this information on a voluntary basis by registering to receive products or services by filling in forms on our site insightinsurance.ie(our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place a request for a quote on our site, submit a query, or other interactive functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, date of birth, marital status, dependants, home address, contact address, e-mail address and phone number, employment details, visa details (as applicable), financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, sensitive health information and details of convictions (motoring and/or criminal convictions) and further information that is necessary for us to provide you with a potential quote, product or service or a renewal, postponement or cancellation of a product or service or otherwise as the case may be in the course of business dealings with you, whether you are a potential, a returning or an existing customer. We will only use the information you give us on the website for the purposes described in this policy. By going ahead with an Insight Insurance quotation or otherwise submitting personal information, including sensitive personal information through our site, as applicable, you will be explicitly agreeing to us, our agents, other insurers and any and all other persons who may be involved in the processing of your information for all purposes relevant from time to time to your relationship with Insight Insurance.
Information we receive from other sources.
- We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, platform and other statistical data involving the use of our site for system administration and statistical purposes. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and we do not use them to identify any individual, except if required by the law;
Use of the information we gather
When we collect information about you, we intend to tell you why we are asking for the information and what we intend to do with it. You will have the option of not providing the information, in which case you may still be able to access other parts of this website, although you may not be able to access certain services
We will use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us.
- In the performance of our business, and with a view to offering our customers a quality insurance service.
- To generate quotations, and process applications and proposals for the products and services we offer;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- Administer the products and services that we supply to you, process claims and occasionally also for market research and statistical purposes. You will be given the option at the time of not participating in such market research;
- To contact you if required or to respond to any communications you might send to us;
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your information;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To send you offers, with your consent, for products which we feel are relevant to your needs;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- Special Categories of Personal Data. If we collect any special categories of personal data we will only obtain same with your explicit consent. Personal data is for example health, religious beliefs, racial / ethnic origin. Please note financial information is not classified as special categories of personal data.
Sharing information with third parties
In certain instances, we may make your information available to third parties with whom we have a relationship where that third party is providing services on our behalf. We will only provide those third parties with information that is necessary for them to perform the services and we take measures to protect your information.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Any insurer that is a party to an Insight Insurance product that you have applied for or contracted for;
- If you have indicated when applying for an Insight Insurance product or at any time during your time as a user of the site, that you are happy to receive information or promotions from selected third parties about goods and services which may be of interest to you, you consent to third parties that we choose sending you such offers or information. You may opt out of receiving such offers or change your preferences at any time;
- Any co-insurers of the insurers/product suppliers for which we act as brokers;
- Outsourced providers (both regulated and unregulated) where you are applying or using our site in connection with a Union membership, to your Union;
- To a credit referencing agency for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you and/or to other insurers through various databases to help us check information provided and also to prevent fraudulent claims;
- To the prospective seller or buyer of any business or assets related to the site, an Insight Insurance product or all or part of Insight Insurance.
- Any business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- To a third party if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information with that third party in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of business and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our group of companies, Insight Insurance insurers related to a Insight Insurance product or others. This includes exchanging information with third parties such as Government agencies for the purposes of fraud protection, anti-money laundering, credit risk reduction;
- We will notify you when information about you may be provided to third parties in ways other than explained above, and you will have the option to prevent such information sharing at the time that we notify you;
- We do not disclose personal information about you to third parties (including advertisers or marketing companies) unless you have consented to that disclosure.
- We train our employees with access to your information that it is to be used only in adherence with our privacy statement and the applicable data protection laws. Employees who misuse customer information are subject to disciplinary action. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Insight Insurance may disclose information it has collected about you on the website if required to do so by law or when necessary to protect the rights of Insight Insurance or its employees.
Insight Insurance’s intent is to strictly protect the security of your personal information; honour your choice for its intended use; and carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. We have taken appropriate steps to safeguard and secure information we collect online, including the use of encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information.
However, you should always take into consideration that the internet is an open forum and that data may flow across networks with little or no security measures, and therefore such information may be accessed by people other than those you intended to access it.
The information we collect may be used, stored and processed in the EU and UK. By providing the information via the website, you are consenting to the transfer of the information outside of your country to any country.
How to update and/or amend the personal information you have provided
You are entitled to know whether we hold information about you and, if we do (subject to certain limitations), to have access to that information and have it corrected if it is inaccurate or out of date. To exercise your Right of Access or to update your details under your Right of Rectification or Erasure or to object to processing or to enquire about data portability, please email your request to the Data Protection team at Insight Insurance, Building 6500, Avenue 6000, Airport Business Park, Cork with proof of identity. Email is firstname.lastname@example.org
This website may contain links to other websites. Insight Insurance is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Insight Insurance or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Tim Barry of Insight Insurance.
If you have any questions or comments about our privacy notice or practices, please contact us.
Insight Insurance may modify or update this privacy notice from time to time at any time without prior notice. You can check the “Last Updated” date below to see when the notice was last changed. We encourage you to check this notice often so that you can continue be aware of how we are protecting your personal information. Your continued use of the website constitutes your consent to the contents of this privacy notice, as it may be modified from time to time.
If you wish to make a complaint relating to data protection related to Insight Insurance, you may contact the Data Protection Commissioner. Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois, R32 AP23, Ireland. Phone +353 (0761) 104 800 | LoCall 1890 25 22 31 | Fax +]353 57 868 4757 | email; email@example.com. Website: www.dataprotection.ie
Privacy statement –
A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser or device by websites, mobile apps, and advertisements that you access or use. This data is stored on your browser or device and helps websites and mobile apps remember things about you. For example, cookies may help us remember your actions or preferences over time. Most browsers support cookies but you can set your browser up to decline them and can delete them whenever you want.
- Necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website.
- Performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that you are finding what you are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|These cookies are used to store session information. Web pages have no memories. Session cookies enable Insight Insurance to keep track of the movement of our users visiting the website from page to page so they do not get asked for the same information they have already given to the site. Session cookies are deleted when you close the browser.|
|Preference cookies||These cookies are used to store information about the type of browser used and which additional browser software is installed. They also store the preferences selected when personalising the website, for example, preferred location, language or fonts. These preferences are remembered, through the use of the preference cookies, and the next time you visit the site you will not have to set them again.|
|Form Values cookies||These cookies are used to store the information that you provide when completing forms and the save button is pressed. The stored data is only used to re-fill the form when you return to the same page.|
|Analytical cookies||These cookies help us to learn more about how you interact with our content so that we can better shape our site. They collect information about how the user uses our site, which site the user came from, the number of each user’s visits and how long a user stays on the site. This information does not record the individual user’s specific details and it is used to create web statistics usage at aggregated level.|
Pixels, Local Storage, and Other Similar Technologies
We may also use other similar technologies on our services, such as pixel tags and local storage. We use these technologies to do things like help us see what features are most popular, create a more personalised experience, and deliver relevant ads. Pixel tags (also called clear GIFs, web beacons, or pixels) are small blocks of code installed in or on a webpage, mobile app, or advertisement. These tags can retrieve certain information about your browser and device such as: operating system, browser type, device type and version, referring website, website visited, IP address, and other similar information. Local storage is an industry-standard technology that allows a website or mobile app to store and retrieve data on an individual’s computer, mobile phone, or other device.
Web browser opt-out
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you don’t want to allow cookies you may have some options. Your browser may provide you with a set of tools to manage cookies. You can usually set your browser to refuse some or all cookies. For example, some browsers give you the option to allow first-party cookies but block third-party cookies. The difference between first-party and third-party cookies is summarised below:
- A “first-party” cookie is served by the page or domain that you are visiting. So for example, when you visit our site and we serve a cookie for purposes of remembering your settings that is a first-party cookie.
- A “third-party” cookie is served by a company that doesn’t operate the page or domain you are visiting. So for example, when you visit our and Google serves a cookie on our site for Google’s analytics that is a third-party cookie.
You may also be able to remove cookies from your browser. Your ability to manage cookies through a mobile browser, however, may be limited. For more information about how to manage your cookie settings, please follow the instructions provided by your browser which are usually located within the “Help,” “Tools,” or “Edit” settings.
Mobile device opt-outs
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. Each browser is different, (for example: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Microsoft Edge, Opera) so check the settings in your appropriate bowser to learn more. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Please take note of the following information with regard to third party cookies used on our website.
This is the list of the third party cookies we use on our website. If you would like more information about these cookies, together with information on how to reject or delete the cookies, please see their individual privacy policies using the links provided.
|Google Analytics||We use Google Analytics to understand how our media campaigns work and how you interact with our website in order to improve the user experience.||https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout|
|Google (Remarketing)||Google uses this cookie to understand what content you have engaged with on our websites so that they are able to deliver some targeted adverts based on the content you have engaged with on our website(s) in order to serve you targeted ads across other Google partner websites.||https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en|
|[YouTube]||We embed videos or insert links to videos from YouTube on our website(s). As a result, when you visit a page with content embedded from or linked to YouTube, you may be presented with cookies from YouTube.||https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en-GB|
For further details on cookies and how you can control and/or delete cookies as you wish, please see aboutcookies.org. This is an external website with which Insight Insurance has no affiliation or responsibility for content.
Internet Advertising Bureau:
A guide to behavioural advertising and online privacy has been produced by the Internet Advertising Industry which can be found at: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu
+353 1 406 0300
Fax: +353 1 662 4781
Copyright © 2018 Insight Insurance – All Rights Reserved | Company Registration No: 341528
Insight Insurance is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Address: Building 6500, Avenue 6000, Airport Business Park, Cork
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!
WHY YOU SHOULD TALK TO US FIRST
WHAT WE DO
- Business Insurance
- Hotels, Nightclubs & Public Houses
- Restaurant Insurance
- Fast-food Takeaway Insurance
- Surgeries Insurance
- Landlord Insurance
- House Buy to Let
- Tree Surgeons
- Construction & Allied Trades
- Landscape Gardens
- House Insurance
- Cyber Insurance
- Directors & Officers
- Civil Engineering Contractors
- Cleaning Contractors
Copyright © 2018 Insight Insurance - All Rights Reserved | Company Registration No:341528
Insight Insurance is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.